We here at Zohmo have spoken extensively about the issues with Apple and their battery. Just as a refresher, Apple changed the software in iOS 11 to slow the phone down as the battery began to wane. More than one person found out about this, and the result was overwhelmingly negative. Apple backtracked quickly, offered a replacement battery for $29.00 and did quite a bit of damage control.
Even so, there are always going to be times when your battery is going to drain. We hope you have the iPhone battery case from us here at Zohmo to help keep this from happening, and if you do not, that you make that purchase soon! We have plenty to choose from J
There are two different terms we need you to understand: battery LIFE and battery LIFESPAN.
Battery life is the amount of time you have on a charge. Battery lifespan is the amount of time your battery has before a replacement is necessary.
We want to talk about the lifespan in this blog. Of course, an iPhone charging case will help extend the life of the battery, but an iPhone XR battery case will certainly help extend the battery lifespan as well. Here are our tips in no particular order:
- Check health – Apple has a way to check battery health. Go to Settings > Battery. You will not see anything relevant until the lifespan drops below 80 percent.
- Turn down the brightness – Completely dimming the screen is optimal if you can still see the screen. Full brightness drains and stresses the battery.
- Auto Brightness – Enable at Settings > General > Accessibility > Display Accommodations. The brightness will be determined by the amount of light available at the given time.
- Auto-Lock – The Auto-Lock turns the screen off and locks the phone. Change it to 30 seconds at Settings > Display & Brightness > Auto-Lock. Your iPhone will not drain the battery unnecessarily.
- Wi-Fi is your friend – We all love our data plans, but data is a battery eating monster. Turn your data off unless absolutely necessary. Go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data. Toggle the switch.
Low power mode – iOS puts your phone into Low Power Mode automatically at 20 percent. Your iPhone charging case will keep this from happening for a good long while, but you can turn it on when your iPhone and charging case have full charges. Low Power Mode turns off the background processes and dials the CPU back as well. Doing this reduces the battery use.
- Extreme temperature – We have plans on covering this fact in a later blog. Our iPhone battery cases actually keep the phone warmer. Keep your phone between 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C) for the best results.
- Long term storage – Those who are not planning on using their iPhone for an extended period should not charge the phone over 50 percent. A full charge may shorten battery life; a zero charge may send the phone into "deep discharge." A battery will not hold a charge at that point.
- Charging – You can leave the iPhone XR battery case on when charging your iPhone. Use the iPhone charging cable that came with your phone as well.
- Last tips – Do not install the iOS on the first run. Bugs are still common. Instead, wait a week, and use the battery case from Zohmo for the best results.
Zohmo has battery cases for everyone, and for every iPhone model from the XS and XR to the 6 and all iPhones in between.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.